WE ARE HIGHLY EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS READY TO HELP WITH YOUR LEGAL MATTERS.
If you have been caught drinking and driving, Bell Lawyers are the drink driving experts in the Western Region of Sydney servicing the areas of Penrith, Wollongong, Campbelltown, Ingleburn, Richmond, Windsor, Lithgow and the Blue Mountains.
Drink driving in New South Wales can have a serious impact on your life and penalties for DUI (driving under the influence) can prejudice your employment if the outcome of the charge is disqualification from driving. The law on drink driving in NSW makes it an offence for a person with a prescribed blood alcohol concentration (PCA) to drive, attempt to drive or occupy the seat next to the holder of a learner licence who is driving a vehicle. If you have been charged with drink driving, you will fall into one of the following categories for PCA/DUI offences:
- novice range PCA, which applies to all learner drivers, all provisional 1 & 2 drivers with a blood alcohol concentration over zero.
- special range PCA, which applies to special category drivers with a blood alcohol concentration of between 0.02 and 0.049 g/100 mL. Special category drivers include learner or provisional drivers, unlicensed drivers and drivers under 25 years who have held a licence for less than 3 years among others.
- low range PCA, which applies to drivers with a blood alcohol concentration of between 0.05 and 0.079 g/100 mL.
- mid range PCA applies to drivers with a blood alcohol concentration of between 0.08 and 0.149 g/100 mL.
- high range PCA applies to drivers with a blood alcohol concentration of over 0.15 g/100 mL and over or who refuse a breath analysis, hinder or obstruct taking of a blood sample or wilfully alter the concentration in the blood.
These categories carry penalties, automatic disqualification periods and for certain mid and high range PCA offences may mean 9 to 24 months in prison. Bell Lawyers Drink Driving Experts know sentencing trends around gender, age, prior criminal record and pleas and can offer legal representation to get the best possible outcome for you given the nature of the charge.
Binge drinking has placed a spotlight on teenage drink driving with the media constantly reporting on the appropriateness of penalties for DUI for drinking driving offences by young people. If you have been charged with teenage drink driving, your future is best left in the hands of Bell Lawyers who are specialist drink driving lawyers with a proven track record of defending teenage drink driving defendants and giving them the best chance of protecting their driving record.
So if you have been busted by the booze bus for drink driving in NSW or have lost your licence and need to speak with a friendly professional, call Bell Lawyers Drink Driving Experts for cost effective advice or representation. You can call Bell Lawyers on 1300 765 424 or contact us via this website.