WE ARE HIGHLY EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS READY TO HELP WITH YOUR LEGAL MATTERS.
Purchasing a property can be an exciting and rewarding experience. But certain legal steps need to be taken to ensure you achieve a smooth and straightforward transaction. If you have bought, are about to buy, the home of your dreams, speak to a solicitor immediately.
At Bell Lawyers we can assist you in purchasing your property by:
- Assisting you to obtain finance approval and liaising with your lender of choice. It is paramount to understand your borrowing capacity and loan repayments before negotiating a purchase price or attending an auction.
- Viewing and negotiating the contract for the sale of land. This is a legal document prepared by the seller’s (vendor’s) solicitor. It describes the property, explains any easements and inclusions and contains many complex clauses and documents. We will be able to explain your rights and obligations under this contract and negotiate with the vendor to best protect your interests.
- Arranging any necessary searches and inspections such as building inspections, pest reports, strata reports, surveys, drainage diagrams and government department enquiries.
- Helping to prepare your initial deposit and organise the exchange of contracts.
- Organising stamp duty and the first home owners grant, if applicable.
- Drafting the necessary documentation such as cheque directions and the transfer document.
- Arranging settlement, which is the culmination of the settlement process that completes the legal transaction.
- Completing the lodgement of the title deeds and transfer with the NSW Department of Lands.